Insulation - 24/7 Service
Air Leakage In Your Home
Air leakage happens when the air inside your home escapes through cracks and gaps due to inadequate home insulation. This results in your paying for air-conditioning that ends up being wasted.
Fixing air leaks can benefit your home in all seasons but it’s highly recommended to have a inspection by a professional in the Fall. Air leaks can occur almost anywhere there is an opening such as near windows and doors, exterior walls, basements, and attics.
Call 1(855) 847-7892 for fast and effective home insulation.
The Benefits of Insulating Your Home
A properly insulated home offers many benefits year-round. In the summer, it particularly can help your HVAC and air conditioning systems to work less to maintain a comfortable temperature. Here are some advantages to consider when it comes to home insulation:
- Energy Savings: Proper home insulation can greatly reduce the amount of heat lost in the winter and heat gained in the summer, reducing your energy bills and saving you money.
- Temperature Control: Insulating your home can help maintain a consistent temperature in your home, making it more comfortable for you and your family all year round.
- Protection for Roof and attic: Insulating your home can help prevent condensation, which can lead to mold, mildew and rot, also helps to protect your roof and attic structure from damage.
- Reduction of outside noise: home insulation can help to reduce the amount of outside noise that enters your home, making it a more peaceful place to live.
- Increase in home value: An energy-efficient home is more desirable to potential buyers, so adding home insulation may increase the value of your home.
- Environmental benefit: insulating your home help decrease energy consumption and carbon footprint which is beneficial to the environment.
- Reducing energy bills by cutting energy usage
- Improving indoor air quality by having less dry air due to less usage of air conditioning
How Can I Determine If My Home Has Enough Insulation?
Homes that are older may not have enough insulation. To check the insulation level in your home, there are several options depending on the type of home or roof and access to the home. It’s generally not recommended to walk around in the home, but if you have access to it, you can do a basic visual inspection by looking around with a flashlight.
If your home or upper floor is too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter, it is likely that your home insulation is insufficient. A visual inspection of the home can show if the insulation level is equal to or below the home joists, indicating that more insulation is needed.
If the insulation is not evenly distributed, there are low spots, there is moisture or evidence of rodent activity, a professional assessment should be done to address the issues.
The amount of insulation required depends on the location in BC and the level of efficiency desired. In BC’s climate zone 4 (Southern Vancouver Island and Lower Mainland), an home is considered well-insulated if it has R40-R60 insulation level. For new home built to code in BC’s climate zone 5 (central BC), the required minimum insulation level is R50. Clean BC Better Homes program encourages homeowners to bring all homes to energy efficiency levels that meet or surpass the current building code standards where possible.
Why Choose AireEnergy?
AireEnergy is a reputable company that specializes in home energy efficiency improvements in BC. We aim to offer high-quality and cost-effective products and services that are installed, maintained and replaced by our professional technicians efficiently.
Our service technicians are highly skilled and knowledgeable in providing appropriate solutions for all your heating and cooling, water heaters, indoor air quality, and home insulation needs. They will assess the comfort level of your home or office and recommend the best solution that not only meets your satisfaction but also fits your specific requirements.